Display your professionally made 18” x 24” sign ad at the pool for an entire swim season. Please complete the form below.
PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GREAT BUSINESSES IN OUR COMMUNITY
Sunset Storage A+ Enginnering & Fab., Inc. Paul's Refuse Pickup TCV Co. Falor Farm Wright-Habegger Funeral Home Cline Trucking, LLC Grand Rapids Township Fire Department AA. Green Terri Cookson Geo's Car Wash Rita's Dairy Bar Alva Sidle Post 232 American Legion Downey PHC Davis Peters Insurance Horner H&C Fletcher Machine Washer's Laundromat Village of Grand Rapids Tontogany Creek Signs Paw Construction
The Grand Rapids Area Swimming Pool Board members wish to thank all of those who have donated and helped support our community pool throughout the years. Your generous contributions have allowed our 501(c) non-profit organization to keep the pool in operation, since its inception in 1968.
Not only do your donations go to support our daily operations such as staff payroll, chemicals, and utilities, our Pool Board has also been able to make necessary capital improvements to maintain the pools critical infrastructure. Some projects to date include:
concrete deck replacement
upper pool wall
coping stone repairs
mechanical filter upgrades
new diving board
The board’s latest permanent improvement project is to replace our existing “pump shed” with a new and larger mechanical pump building. This structure will enclose our existing chlorine tank and chemical feed computer system, along with our now exterior pump and filter system. It will maintain the critical protection we need for the pool's 300 gallon chlorine tank as well as our computer controlled chemical dosing system. The pumps electrical panel will also be updated. The cost of this building is budgeted as $25,000. Our Board does anticipate the cost may be reduced due to material and possible labor donations.
At this time, any donations earmarked for the building’s construction, would be greatly appreciated. We intend to start construction once 80% ($20,000) of the funds are obtained with the intention of utilizing $5,000 from our capital improvement fund with the hope that we can replenish that when the remaining 20% has been raised. Thank you all again for your past and continued support of our pool.
National Tractor Pulls
One of our largest annual fundraisers is working a gate at the National Tractor Pulls in Bowling Green in August. The gate is staffed 24 hours a day from Thursday - Sunday. We are always looking for volunteers to help out.
During the Grand Rapids Applebutter Festival in October, we sell food to visitors from our pool location.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.